We are SO excited because we are finally sharing an updated hair tutorial with you all, and there is even a video! We had shared one a while back, but this one *should be* easier to follow, so hopefully it is helpful!
Even though we have different hair lengths, and Alexis has a shorter haircut, we still use the same method to curl our hair. We have a few products that are budget friendly to achieve the effortless wave “look”.
What You Need
Of course, you’re going to need a good curling iron. We have several that we use, but this Babyliss Pro Nano curling iron is the best budget friendly one we have used. It comes in several barrel sizes, but we have found that either the 1″ or the 1 and 1/4″ is most effective. We have also noticed that a lot of hairstylists use this one, and our hairstylist uses it as well, so you know it is a good one! Also, it is only $31!
Heat Protection Spray:
You need something to protect your hair from all of that heat you are going to put on it. We have several products we like to use, and this Bumble and Bumble Invisible Oil is one of our favorites because it smells good and is so easy to apply!
Shampoo and Conditioner:
This Adria by Thalia shampoo and conditioner smells AMAZING, and is free of sulfates! It really is great at moisturizing and nourishing your hair, and leaves our hair super soft. It is also great for the summer heat, and when using lots of heating tools on your hair!
Of course, you need hairspray to make your waves last! We don’t like any heavy hairsprays that are hard to brush out, so our go to is this Amika one because it has a flexible hold, meaning it brushes out easily for lots of wear on your hair, and it smells amazing!
Watch the video below on how we curl our hair and create the waves. If you have any questions, feel free to comment below or message us on Instagram.
It is pretty self explanatory, but to start:
- Brush and section off the hair.
- Spray with heat protection.
- Curl hair in 1″ sections away from your face (with clip of barrel facing your face), leaving a small section of hair out of the clip.
- Repeat with rest of hair.
- Finish off with hairspray.
- Brush through curls once hair has cooled off.
- We recommend trying to go as long as you can without washing your hair because dirty hair always holds a curl the best, and also looks the best, believe it or not!
- Make sure you don’t use the highest heat setting on your irons as that can burn your hair more easily, if you’re not careful
- Be sure to brush out your curls when you are finished styling so you don’t look like Shirley Temple 😉
All of these great beauty products and tools we used can be found at Walmart. They have so many products for every person you’re shopping for, or that you may need. Our favorite things to order online are essentials like mascara, nail polishes, dry shampoo, and lip shades. We love that they offer two-day shipping and in-store pickup!
In partnership with Walmart.