Happy Wednesday! We are so excited to finally be sharing this post with y’all! We have been getting a lot of requests to start sharing more fitness-related content and videos, so here you go! Each week, we are planning on sharing videos, several of our workouts from the week, as well as a breakfast, lunch, and dinner recipe that we are planning on making this week or the following week!
Typically, we will do anywhere from 20-45 minutes of cardio, usually on the stair master, followed by weight training (each muscle group a different day). This week, we are sharing an arm and chest + calf workout, as well as a few videos!
Below is an arm workout we did last week + cardio:
This one is a chest + calf workout! We actually did this one yesterday!Below are some workout pieces we are loving this week [click each item to shop it directly!]:
Veggie Breakfast Casserole [ great for meal prepping breakfast! ]
Serves: 10 Servings
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 8-10 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ red onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 2 cups packed baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 10 eggs
- ⅓ cup coconut or almond milk
- ¼ cup hot sauce (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheese (optional)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Add the mushrooms and sauté them for 4 minutes or until they start to brown. Add a small pinch of salt along withe onions and garlic and let cook for 2 minutes. Remove to a plate. Add the second tablespoon of oil, if needed, and sauté the peppers for 1 minute. Add in the baby spinach and allow it to wilt, remove from heat, set aside.
- Generously spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Add the veggies (both the mushrooms and the pepper mixtures).
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 375ºF if you are baking the casserole immediately.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, hot sauce, and salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the prepared veggies. Sprinkle with the cheese, if using it, and anther small pinch of salt and pepper.
- Bake the casserole, uncovered, until the cheese melts, and the top gets in and golden, 45-50 minutes. Allow the casserole to cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Recipe + photos via Pinterest
This one is a great option for meal prepping your lunches for the week, or an easy dinner!
Healthy Chicken and Veggies [ great for lunch at work! ]
- 2 medium chicken breasts, boneless skinless cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 cup broccoli florets, frozen or fresh
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 cup grape or plum tomatoes
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups cooked rice or quinoa
- Pre-heat oven to 450F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Place the chicken and veggies in the baking dish. Sprinkle all the spices and garlic evenly over the chicken and veggies. Drizzle with the olive oil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the veggies are charred and chicken is tender.
- Place 1 cup of cooked rice of choice into 4 individual meal prep containers. Divide chicken and veggies evenly on top of the rice.
- Cover and store in the fridge for up to 5 days or freezer up to 2 months.
Recipe + photos via Pinterest
We actually made this for dinner last night! So yum and tastes almost like the real thing, without all of the carbs! Serve it with some grilled chicken or salmon!
Healthy Cauliflower Fried Rice
Serves: 4 Servings
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup carrots, cubed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1 tablespoons light brown sugar (optional)
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- Chop head of cauliflower into florets and place in food processor. Pulse until it starts to resemble rice; set aside.
- Heat a large wok (or skillet) over medium heat and drizzle in sesame oil. Add onion, peas and carrots and saute until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and red pepper flakes; set aside.
- Slide veggie mixture to one side of the wok and add in the beaten eggs, scrambling until cooked through and then incorporate with the veggies.
- Stir in cauliflower “rice” and pour the soy sauce over top, mixing well. Cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes, until cauliflower is soft and tender.
- Top with green onions, serve and enjoy!