Happy Wednesday, y’all! In case you missed the first couple posts of this workout series we started this year, you can check out some of them here and here! Below, you will find videos, several of our workouts from the week, as well as a breakfast, lunch, and dinner recipe that we have tried or are planning on making this week!
As far as cardio goes,we will do anywhere from 30-45 minutes of cardio, usually on the stair master, followed by weight training (each muscle group a different day). Every body is different, and you definitely don’t need to do that much cardio each day, just whatever you feel up to, or feel like you can handle at this time! We used to do ZERO, so just find what works best for you!
We have been getting a lot of questions as far as what our cardio is, so we decided to put together a treadmill cardio workout. We both did a similar one this past weekend!
This week, we are sharing a treadmill workout, along with a leg workout.
This is the leg workout we are planning on doing today!
Here is the treadmill workout. This one is 30 minutes long, but you definitely don’t need to do it that long. Also, you can hold on lightly if you need to, just make sure your legs are doing the work!
Below are some workout pieces we are loving this week [click each item to shop it directly!]:
In case you all did miss it in last week’s post, we have done some posts on what we eat in a day here and here! We are planning on doing an updated post soon:) In the meantime, we do eat mostly paleo due to our hypothyroidism condition. In case you missed it, we shared why we avoid certain foods. Also, we are planning on doing post of what we eat in a day this weekend, so stay tuned!
- 1.5 cups steel cut oats (do not substitute quick cooking, instant, or rolled oats)
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups milk, any kind you like (we use unsweetened almond milk)
- 2 large mashed ripe bananas, plus additional banana slices for serving
- 3 tbsp ground flaxseed meal
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- For serving: chopped toasted walnuts, raisins, chocolate chips, maple syrup, peanut butter, or any other mix-ins you enjoy with banana bread
- Place all of the ingredients except the toppings in the bottom of a 4-to-6-quart slow cooker
- Stir to combine: Steel cut oats, water, milk, mashed bananas, flaxseed meal, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours (overnight) or on high for 4 hours, until the oats are soft, but maintain a bit of chew.
- Remove cover and stir to evenly combine the ingredients. Enjoy warm with desired toppings.
Recipe + photos via Pinterest
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and thinly sliced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 32-oz boxes low-sodium chicken stock
- 2-3 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Extra virgin olive oil, to serve
- Place all the ingredients in a 6-quart slow cooker, stirring to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6, or until the sweet potatoes are tender and the chicken is cooked through and very tender.
- Remove the chicken and shred with two forks.
- Return to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Taste and add additional salt to taste.
- Serve hot with a generous drizzle of olive oil.
Recipe + photos via Pinterest
This slow-cooker garlic citrus chicken looks incredible and is packed with flavor!
Slow Cooker Garlic Citrus ChickenServes: 4 servings
- 1-1.5lbs chicken or pork
- 7 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 jalapeno, sliced (seeds removed)
- 1 lemon, sliced
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp evoo
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1⁄4 tsp cumin
- In a small bowl, whisk together garlic, lime juice, orange juice, evoo, salt, oregano, and cumin.
- Add sliced onion to bottom of slow cooker.
- Add chicken on top.
- Pour marinade on top of all the ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Top with sliced lemon and jalapeno.
- Cook HIGH 2-3 hours or LOW 4-6 hours.
Also, be sure to check our Pinterest to see more healthy recipes + workouts!