Hope you all are having a great week so far! We are headed to visit our parents for the week in El Paso, so we are really looking forward to it! We had a few requests to share what we eat in a day each day + what our workouts look like for the week. Honestly, we forget to take pictures of every single thing we eat, but we did share what we typically eat in a day in this post. We also shared this guide on working out and eating in this post, which is a great summary of how we workout and eat on a daily basis.
Scroll down to the end of the post to see what our workouts look like in a week + what we will typically eat in each day for a week.
Below, you will find a cardio workout, as well as a breakfast, lunch, and dinner recipe that we have tried or are planning on making soon!
This week, we are sharing an at-home cardio workout that can be done basically anywhere!
As far as cardio goes,we will do anywhere from 30-45 minutes of cardio, usually on the stair master, followed by weight training (each muscle group a different day). Every body is different, and you definitely don’t need to do that much cardio each day, just whatever you feel up to, or feel like you can handle at this time! We used to do ZERO, so just find what works best for you!
Below are some workout pieces we are loving this week [click each item to shop it directly!]:
Greek Chicken Bowls
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbs garlic, minced (Note, adjust to preference)
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs dried oregano
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 English cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 1/2 Tbs minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 English cucumber, finely diced
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 1/2 Tbs dill weed, or 1 Tbs fresh dill, chopped fine
- 1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh mint (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 1/2 pounds cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup red onion slices
- In a large plastic zip bag, combine olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, oregano, greek yogurts and salt and pepper. Massage to mix.
- Add chicken into the bag.
- Massage to make sure chicken is full covered and marinate for at least 20 minutes, up to 12 hours.
- Drain the chicken from the marinade, discarding the marinade.
- In a skillet, heat some olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken when it is hot, and cook, flipping part way through. Cook approximately 3-4 minutes per side. Cooking time depends on thickness and size of the chicken. Cook until internal temp is 165 degrees.
- Remove from pan, and let cool.
- Once cool, cut into bite sized pieces. Just make sure you let it cool, or all the juice will run out.
- Meanwhile, make cucumber salad by chunking the cucumbers, and tossing in a bowl with the lemon juice, olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, and oregano. Set aside
- Make tzatziki sauce by combining the Greek yogurt, cucumber, garlic, dill weed, lemon juice, lemon zest in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper. And add mint (optional)
- Refrigerate while assembling your bowls.
- Cook brown rice according to package directions. When finished cooking, divide between meal prep containers, 1/2 cup in each container, halve cherry tomatoes, and mix with red onion slices. Divide amongst the bowls.
- Top with chicken, cucumber salad, and some tzatziki sauce.
- Keep for 3- 5 days in airtight container, serve cold!
Recipe + photos via Pinterest
This peanut chicken dish looks and sounds DELISH! and is low-carb!
Peanut Chicken Zucchini Noodles
Serves: 4 servings
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil (you’ll need more for the peanut sauce below)1
- 2 teaspoons minced or chopped garlic
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced cabbage (I use red)
- 1 large bell pepper, thinly sliced (I use red)
- 3 large zucchini, spiralized into noodles4
- 2 large chicken breasts, cooked & shredded (about 2-3 cups)2
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds, handful of cilantro, 1/2 cup peanuts, chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce (I use reduced sodium)
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil1
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar3
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1-2 teaspoons Sriracha or any hot chile sauce
- Heat 2 Tablespoons of sesame oil and the garlic in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the carrots, cabbage, and pepper slices. Cook for about 5 minutes until the vegetables are a little tender. (I usually begin the peanut sauce, step 2, during this time.) Once tender, add the zucchini noodles and shredded chicken to the skillet. Cook and stir for about 3 minutes until the zucchini is a little softer and chicken is warm. Turn off the stove and remove from heat. Set aside. (*If your skillet isn’t quite big enough, you can do this step in batches.)
- Combine all of the peanut sauce ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat. Whisk constantly until the peanut butter has melted and everything is combined. I usually use 2 teaspoons of Sriracha, but use the amount of heat you like.
- Once the sauce is heated through, pour over chicken/vegetables. Toss everything around until combined. Place on a serving dish (or not!) and top with sesame seeds, cilantro, peanuts, and green onion. Serve immediately.
- Leftovers keep well in the refrigerator for a few days. Reheat to your liking.
Also, be sure to check our Pinterest to see more healthy recipes + workouts!